eSEED is a software development company that specializes on startup product development. We work with aspiring startups and help them build their products using best practices and strong standards.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic junior backend engineer who is passionate about working on diverse projects with a remote team.
- Contract: freelance, hourly
- Location: 100% remote anywhere in Egypt
- Time Commitment: 10 to 40 hours per week (depending on engineer availability and available workload)
- Projects: startup products (web and mobile applications)
- You will be working with: NodeJS, TypeScript, NestJS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, JestJS, Google Cloud Platform, git, and other technologies. Previous experience is preferred but not required.
- You can work whenever you want. We encourage mothers to apply.
What you will do:
- Strongly abide by the eSEED guidelines and principles in coding and feature delivery
- Develop new feature and enhance existing ones
- Write unit tests and verify test cases for each completed features
- Peer review other tasks
- Document API endpoints
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs
- Bsc. in Computer Science or related discipline OR relevant post-graduate course/degree + at least 1 year professional experience in backend software engineering
- Strong attention to detail and discipline in abiding by documentation and guidelines
- This job is completely remote so consistent, available and clear written communication are a must.
- Ability to work independently and ask the right questions
- Very good command of written English and documentation
- Strong understanding and familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience and skills the team.
Here at eSEED, we strongly encourage those who are less privileged to apply. We welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. We are committed to being clear, direct and inclusive in everything we do.