eSEED is a software development company that specializes on startup product development. We work with aspiring startups and help them build their products using best practices and strong standards.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic junior devops engineer who is passionate about working on diverse projects with a remote team.
- Contract: freelance, hourly
- Location: 100% remote anywhere in Egypt
- Time Commitment: 10 to 40 hours per week (depending on engineer availability and available workload)
- Projects: startup products (web and mobile applications)
- You will be working with: Linux command-line, AWS (Amazon Web Services), GCP (Google Cloud Services), GitHub, and other technologies. Previous experience is required.
- You can work whenever you want. We encourage mothers to apply.
What you will do:
- Continuously improve cloud-based resources and services (AWS, GCP) to ensure optimal performance, cost-effectiveness, and security.
- Design, implement, and manage CI/CD pipelines using GitHub actions and shell scripting to ensure efficient and reliable software delivery across multiple environments.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues related to application and infrastructure.
- Respond and resolve production incidents on an on-call basis.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement.
- Document processes, procedures, and best practices for knowledge sharing and onboarding.
- Bsc. in Computer Science or related discipline OR relevant post-graduate course/degree
- At least 1 year professional experience in a devops role
- Strong attention to detail and discipline in abiding by documentation and guidelines
- This job is completely remote so consistent, available and clear written communication are a must.
- Ability to work independently and ask the right questions
- Very good command of written English and documentation
- Strong understanding and familiarity with AWS and GCP
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience and skills the team.
Here at eSEED, we strongly encourage those who are less privileged to apply. We welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. We are committed to being clear, direct and inclusive in everything we do.